If you do not see an e-mail from us in your inbox soon, be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folder.
In the meantime please browse our website.
If you have any questions please call or text us at (866) 263-4646.
Thank you and have a great day.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The student will learn principles of medical coding related to the three main code books: CPT®, ICD-10- CM Code Set and HCPCS Level II. This course is recommended for anyone who is preparing for a career in medical coding for a physician’s office and strongly recommended for anyone who is preparing for AAPC’s CPC certification examination.
- Identify the purpose of the CPT®, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II code books
- Understand and apply the official ICD-10-CM coding guidelines
- Apply coding conventions when assigning diagnoses and procedure codes
- Identify the information in appendices of the CPT® code book
- Explain the determination of the levels of E/M services
- Code a wide variety of patient services using CPT®, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II codes
- List the major features of HCPCS Level II codes
- Provide practical application of coding operative reports and evaluation and management services
- The Business of Medicine
- Review of Anatomy
- Overview of ICD-10-CM
- Applying the ICD-10-CM Guidelines
- Accurate ICD-10-CM Coding
- Introduction to CPT®, HCPCS Level II, and Modifiers
- Integumentary System
- Musculoskeletal System
- Respiratory System
- Cardiovascular System
- Hemic & Lymphatic Systems, Mediastinum, Diaphragm
- Digestive System
- Urinary System and Male Genital System
- Female Reproductive System and Maternity Care & Delivery
- Endocrine System and Nervous System
- Special Senses (Ocular and Auditory)
- Evaluation & Management Services
- Final Exam